Some women and men are looking for long-lasting results from their dermal filler treatments, but most available fillers last from a few months to 2 years at most. Facial fillers by Dr. Rhoda Narins
, a dermatologic cosmetic surgeon, gives Westchester County residents lasting improvements with medical-grade liquid silicone injections.
Facial Rejuvenation for Westchester County Patients
Liquid silicone, made up of silicone (a synthetic polymer), oxygen, carbon, and hydrogen, is sterile, purified, and not associated with allergic reactions. It can be used for a variety of cosmetic treatments, including:
- Correcting facial folds and wrinkles such as marionette lines and smile lines (nasolabial folds)
- Adding volume to hollows under the eyes and other areas of the face
- Contouring the chin and cheeks
- Treating scars from acne and chicken pox
- Sculpting and augmenting lips
- Counteracting lipoatrophy (facial fat loss)Improving facial deformities post surgery
Although the FDA has not specifically approved liquid silicone for cosmetic use, licensed physicians are permitted to use it in cases where they believe it is medically appropriate and safe (referred to as "off-label" use). Off-label uses of medical products is highly common - for instance, BOTOX Cosmetic
, popular in Westchester and across the country for treating wrinkles, has been safely used in countless cases. Dr. Narins has special training in liquid silicone treatments, and has written and lectured on their safe and proper cosmetic use.